Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Punctuation is a Good Thing

I like punctuation. I use punctuation, unlike some stupids out on the internet. I don't know all the fancy names for things, (like some stupids I know that sit all day on a certain speaker reading facts about Egyptian art so he can impress a certain sow . . .) but I do know punctuation is important. Cat had to explain why these two paragraphs say exactly the opposite of each other, even though they use the same words in the same order. Read it and learn to appreciate periods and commas. Is funny.

Dear Jack,
I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we’re apart. I can be forever happy – will you let me be yours?
Jill

Dear Jack,
I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men I yearn! For you I have no feelings whatsoever. When we’re apart I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?
Yours,
Jill

No comments: