Thursday, January 11, 2007

Apologies

I find I must apologize for my lapse but it has been a hectic week since we have returned to University. Rehearsal for the Shakespearean comedy, Taming of the Shrew, has proceeded well. Miss Caitlin, who has the position of Assistant Stage Manager, reports that things are progressing at a fair pace, and that all stylistic decisions made so far have been consistent. Miss Caitlin is hopeful that things will proceed in this matter.

For her Interdisciplinary Seminar, Miss Caitlin is reading Tolstoy's Anna Karenina, which we have both found to be diverting so far. I am relieved that we are finally reading something of worth. Miss Caitlin is also taking a class on Islam, which sounds fascinating, though Miss Caitlin has admitted to me that she feels isolated in that class. It seems that many of the Philosophy-Religion majors are rather elitist. I assured Caitlin that she had nothing to worry from them. Her religious education has been superior to that of many other Americans, and the subject holds great interest for her. The elitists are most likely all bluster; surely they are no more intelligent than my lady is. Her other classes, one on the construction of the English language, one on the nuances of how to apply make-up for the Stage, and the last on aspects of technical writing, sound diverting, though not as interesting for me as her others.

I am currently waiting for a visit from my dearest friend, Deirdre. A fair and intelligent pig, Deirdre is my intellectual equal in all ways. She has an overriding interest in history, literature, and the arts, which she picks up from her Mistress, Adrien. Before the holiday break, I had the pleasure of visiting with Deirdre at her home, which is far distant from us, being all the way across the street. Miss Caitlin extended an invitation to Deirdre at that time that she might come visit us during this the new year. A precise date was not set, but I am confident that it will be soon, and I shall behold her delicate image and hear her dulcet tones soon.

Until then, I must satisfy myself with readings from Anna Karenina and reports from Miss Caitlin about the progress of her play.

No comments: