Saturday, March 3, 2007

Arrived in Chicago Area

We have returned to Miss Caitlin's parent's house. We arrived by way of train yesterday. Accompanying her on the trip were Tipsy, myself, and one of her former cast members - the young lady who played Hortensio's widow. Clem elected to remain at Miss Caitlin's apartment by the University and Miss Adrien was not able to leave until today.

Thursday, I had to part with Deirdre. I feel I was dignified in the face of such a loss. But she did not wish to travel with us here, and it would have been depressingly boring staying in the apartment. Perhaps I overstate the boredom, as Clem is always willing to socialize, but without Tipsy or me to keep her company, Deirdre would likely be lonely. And so Miss Caitlin carefully situated Deirdre in her pocket and transported her across the street. Perhaps I will visit her when we return to University next week. Or it might be more appropriate for me to wait a short period before imposing on her and Miss Adrien. It would be a fortuitous opportunity for me to leave the company of Tipsy. She has been quite irritating lately. She continuously diverted Deirdre's attention from me. I am deciding whether I will forgive her for that. I did not feel it appropriate to say say anything. But now . . .

No comments: