Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas Gathering

I had the pleasurable experience of attending the annual Christmas Reunion of Cat's old Girl Scout Troop. A finer group of young ladies can nowhere be found. I was disappointed that more of my pig counterparts were not in attendance, but chatting with Hamlet the Younger was most diverting. Miss Courtney showed us an essay she wrote about me and my pig friends among the troop, but she had gotten my name wrong! She apologized profusely, explaining that she had a short period of time to write it, it being for a final examination, so she could neither spend the time to wrack her brain, nor could she contact Miss Caitlin to make sure she had it right. I forgave her.

Miss Courtney, who hosted the event, has a terrible beast of a dog. The girls, Miss Caitlin included, kept making noises over the fluffy white monster like it was adorable and sweet, but really it was vicious, several time proving to be a threat to Hamlet and myself. I do not understand why humans can stand the things . . .

Most of the time was spent talking, though they did play a most silly video game called Dance Dance Revolution, which I of course did not participate in, and Apples to Apples, which I did. Miss Caitlin and Miss Lydia both took many pictures. In general, a good time was had by all. I hope that our summer gathering will be as enjoyable.

2 comments:

Cait said...

Those two chicks in the top picture are soooo cute!

Anonymous said...

As I have told you before, my good friend, you are too quick to judge the dog. Though he has carried me in his mouth several times, he has shown me nothing but gentleness. Your life was never in danger.

I do thank you for visiting, and hope we may at some point be united with the rest of our friends.

-Hamlet (tY)

P.S. My mistress thanks you for your understanding nature.